Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello mama's,

A friend of mine gave me a stretch hotsling, size 3. According to all the size calculators I've used, that's my size. I'm about 5'9", pre-pregnancy weight was about 140, and my shoulder to hip measurment is 24 inches. That puts me squarely in a size 3. But when I put it on, it feels SO TIGHT! I tried putting one of my son's dolls in it, and it felt like the doll was smushed up against me.... I can't see how a baby could breath like that.

It's a used hotsling, so maybe it was washed and has shrunk? Is there any way I can tell if it fits before the baby is born? I'd really like to have a hotsling for immediately after the baby is born. I'm considering buying a new size 4 to have on hand, since this one seems to be so tight....

Melanie

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone! I'm going to go measure the sling now to see if it shrunk. I will look up a NINO group, too. I'd love to try a few hotslings on, rather than just guess and order one. My belly is large, but I'm carrying VERY low, so I don't think that's affecting how the sling feels when I try it on now. The rest of me (including my boobs) is still pre-pregnancy size, so I'd think I could get a feel for it......

Well, if all else fails, I've got a ring sling I can use right after baby is born and until I get a hotsling that fits.

Thanks again!

melanie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts