Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any names to pass along for a Mom's Helper around the Knoxville area that would be okay with some housekeeping and light cooking too? We don't really have room for someone to live-in, but do want someone that could come every weekday for 2-3 hours.

Would a college student be our best bet or should we be looking for a professional? We aren't set on a budget, but I am thinking that 100-150 per week will be our ceiling. Are we officially becoming "employers" by taking on help for a year or so, do we need to do anything tax wise? Any advice?

If you check out the signature, our lives are going to become quite insane in the next 6-7 months!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Heather!

I did go to this one. October's meeting was the morning I took the test, and we'd just come home from the conference in NC... we were pretty shocked and tired, too!

We're looking at a local company called Family Support Services and I contacted the Mothers of Multiples local chapter to see if they have any ideas. We are planning on hiring the doula that we took birth classes from with Rach, so she might have some ideas too.

Trying to get all our ducks in a row early on! Looking back, we were so nonchalant about Rach's arrival, but I don't think we get that option this time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Nicole!

Rebekah... the million dollar question is, how are YOU feeling?! You're so close to meeting Abigail!

I'm hanging in there - battling m/s throughout the day.
Reading a lot of books and websites and trying to learn all about the great adventure we have to look forward to the coming months!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.