Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We went to the Children's Museum in Houston this week. We got a membership. The kids had a great time. The only problem was that both days we went were full of school buses and tons of kids. There were so many kids, it was so loud and hard to enjoy the exhibit with so many kids. Is it always like this? If not, when are the best days/months/times to go? I know the first homeschoolers day is Monday. I hope to go. I'm disappointed that our membership doesn't apply to the homeschoolers day.
TIA
Rebecca

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
We went on a Tuesday morning right when it opened a couple weeks ago and it wasn't too bad.

I would call and ask them. Maybe they could tell you if/when there are non- school group days.

·
Registered
982 Posts
What time of day did you go? I have heard that between 2 and 4 is the best because the school kids have to be back to school for the busses. But this time of year is probably going to be more crowded since it is the end of the school year, TAKS is over, so lot's of field trips.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
We went 11am-1pm, and 12pm-2pm. Next time I will try 2pm-4pm. I was avoiding those later times beause I was afraid of the traffic! How are the weekends? There wouldn't be bus loads of kids on the weekends, right? How about the summer?
Thanks for the replies!
Rebecca

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
As for traffic, depending on where you're going, the HOV lanes may help after 2pm. We are out in that area on a weekly basis, and can always take the HOV lane home (southbound on 59), which saves a ton of time in traffic!

We went to the museum's first home school day this past Monday and enjoyed the light crowds - but didn't get to use the membership for it. Hopefully afternoons will work for you! It's such a wonderful place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.