Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We go in tomorrow for 6 month old DD's tongue tie surgery. On the phone today, they asked if she was UTD on vaccinations. 4yr old DS was making a ruckus in the background and several of the nurse's questions got flitted over, including that one. She thinks she got a "yes," but that's not quite the question I was answering yes to. Ugh. Anyway, how is TCH about vaccinations if it comes up again tomorrow?

Any advice?

· Registered
366 Posts
We had to go to the NICU at TCH for a few hours when DD was 1 day old (long story...we were there unnecessarily; they basically looked at her then let us go)
While there, the resident on duty bugged us about 20 times in the 2 hour span about our decision to deny eye ointment and Hep B (even though our ped was fully on board with our decisions.)
Good luck! If your ped. is supporting your vax decisions, I might think about letting the hospital know this if they give you trouble.

· Registered
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Angela!

Allical, our pedi is well loved here at MDC, Dr. Krenie Stowe. But, she doesn't have privileges at any hospitals around here, so I don't know how much they'd take her word for. Sorry you had trouble there!

· Premium Member
11,488 Posts
If I were going for the same reason you are, I may well be inclined to, well, lie. It's not relevant to the child's care or their condition and I'd probably want to conserve my energy for anything that comes up that's really important to me.

eta: I don't know how much flak they typical give folks, just based on a risk/reward evaluation of the situation.

· Registered
366 Posts
Didn't realize you were with Krenie...you're golden in the ped. support department then!
From what we experienced, the attitude there was more of a finger-wagging deal; more of a nuisance than anything.
Good luck!

· Premium Member
6,441 Posts
I have always said, "my child has everything that they are supposed to have".

and I am not lying when I say it.

· Registered
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surgery went great, DD is pretty happy, nursing better (I hadn't even had problems, but it's definitely better!!!!!) and they never again mentioned vax.

Every single person in Day Surgery was pleasant, at least, but mostly were exceptionally kid-friendly, great people.

Dr. James Albright (ENT) did the clip and he was good with questions, great with the kids and I have no complaints at all.

I will mention that as an ENT, he was asking about DD's hearing screen. I said, "I don't know if she had one." and he said about it being state mandated and asked if she was a home or hospital birth. We told him, "home" and he said the midwife might have a had "a small box about 'this' big," and the conversation just kinda tapered, since DD's hearing hasn't been a question. He did point out that people usually choose to do the PKU test, yet hearing problems are 4x more common.

Anyway, he's got great kid sense, I'd say and was a very nice guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.