Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother just got her ELISA results back and was shocked about what was positive and even more shocked at what wasn't.<br><br>
Goats and cows milk came back as a +3, but does that take raw milk into account. She raises goats and has raw milk all the time. Soy is a big issue food for her, but didn't show up.<br><br>
Is this test that accurate or specify foods as organic or not, raw or not, etc?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I had both RAST and ELISA tests done for DS. Nothing showed for wheat on either test, and he clearly has some kind of wheat/gluten intolerance.<br><br>
The ELISA did show minor/medium reaction to egg/egg whites and I do think egg has caused him to have pee accidents his whole life (we just removed egg again to see). The ELISA I think also showed minor for oat, and he does seem to have an issue with them (I also tried GF oats recently but still think they were a problem).<br><br>
I had the same tests done, and my ELISA results were all over the place, the printed page looked like a rainbow. My ND said it was probably because my whole system is so inflamed/reactive. After that I did an elimination diet, and didn't react to most items that showed high on the ELISA test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts