Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a medium hotsling--I love it but I'm wondering if I have the right size. DS is around 14 pounds but only 1 month old. I first used it 5 days old and it worked great. This past week I've been using it but he seems pretty low when I look in the mirror while wearing the sling. On the website the baby always looks higher up. Should I have a size small? I know it has measurements on the website--but I measured myself when I was about 6 months pregnant which I probably shouldn't have done. Also, which side do most people where their's? I have the seam on my left side--so it goes over my right shoulder. Is this right? I never used a sling on my son, so I've got lots of questions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have little experience with pouches myself, but my friends who use them have been through similar problems. have your tried folding the shoulder down a bit? this could tighten up the pouch a bit so he isnt riding so low. also i think you could contact the owner of hotslings and ask her for suggestions. a good friend had a problem with her hotslings pouch and she received excellent customer service and assistance.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
It sounds like it's too big. You could try doing the shoulder flip but if I were you I would re-measure and send the new numbers off to Kristen, see what she thinks. Also, try washing and drying it, maybe it needs some shrinking. FWIW, I wear and X-small but I wear a size 8 dress size.

You can wear it on either hip, shouldn't matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.