Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got mine when they first came out and love em!. I have about 16 one size and rotate them with BB fitteds and a few FB. I am not too thrilled with how they are holding up though. The stitching on the laundry tabs is coming off and there are lots of loose threads. They also pill on the stretchy tab part. None of this is making them unusable, but my dd is 6 months old and I plan on using them for at least another year.<br><br>
How are yours holding up?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have about a dozen I bought when they came out in Oct. I also notice pills on the stretchy tabs. The velcro is showing some wear. No issues with loose threads or stitching coming loose.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have 3 and they're in nighttime only rotation, each one probably gets washed 1 - 2x per week. There is some light pilling on the stretchy tabs and the velcro tabs get a little linty. However they're in great shape overall.<br><br>
The one thing I did recently was replace the inserts. They had a lot of buildup and were getting tough to clean (mostly my fault, I was using All FC for my diapers until recently, big mistake). I had some extra cotton babies inserts so I swapped out the old ones for the new ones. I noticed that they work a tiny bit better with the fresh inserts. I'll probably get fresh inserts again, maybe after another 6 months.

·
Registered
731 Posts
We have only had ours for a little over a month - and there is some wear and tear on the stretchy part, and on the velcro itself. Other than that - so far, so good.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
yes, pill on the stretchy part. otherwise, ok.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had one that go a loose thread after only a month, so I called Cottonbabies and Jenn said I could send it to them for repair, though it likely would not effect function. My others are doing great so far, just pilly tabs, but that's it. I am interested to see how they are a year or 2 from now. For that kind of money, I am planning to use them for awhile!<br>
Sara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts