Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you all over the place emotionally or is it just me? I am angry, crabby, don't feel like doing anything but yet have so much to do, my kids are driving me crazy, I feel lonely, sad and angry
: But then I am fine the next minute! This is driving me crazy!! Is it just hormones and getting towards the finish line or something more severe? Thanks for letting me know if I am the only one feeling like this...LOL! I am 31 wks, will be 32 on Fri

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have been that way for just over a week and I am only 29.5 weeks now.

DH has been asking me what he has been doing wrong and how he can fix things

After a few days of general crabbiness and unfounded crying fits, I figured it was absolutely my hormones. I mean, I am tired and uncomfortable, and I have a lot to do, but not to the extent that can explain why I am suddenly so crabby and weepy.

So no, you are not alone!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Definitely not alone!!! I'm 28 weeks and I have definitely started to notice some extra hormonal activity... I'll notice myself sitting and having some sort of pity party or feeling really guilty or really frustrated - all for absolutely no reason!

Also, I've noticed that when I experience an emotion in a dream, it's hard to shake it when I wake up. The other day I woke up angry with DH b/c he'd been mean to me in a dream!

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's part hormones, I think, and an even bigger part sleep deprivation. For me anyway. I can't stay asleep at all.

And then I'm easily annoyed that people just don't get that I'm tired and achey. I appreciate people not behaving like I'm sick or something--because I'm NOT! But cut me some slack here and there, you know? I can't walk fast. I can't stand for hours, I can't stay up late. Just let me rest!

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
You are not alone!!!
I cry at the drop of a hat for no good reason and I agree that I think it is part hormones and part sleep deprivation. I feel like I am just NOT getting enough sleep, no matter when I go to bed or get up, I feel like I need an extra two hours or so to feel good enough to be happy and not have wicked mood swings all day.

Today I DID stay in bed for two extra hours, not even sleeping, just laying there (but that's another gripe entirely) and I do feel a lot better. Tomorrow will be another story though!

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I feel the same way. I'm due the same day as the OP and yesterday I just sat and cried for about 10-15 minutes. I just felt overwhelmed and tired and big/huge and didn't want to do anything. Ugh...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
You are definately not alone!
I am just sooo sensititve- both positive and negative- lately.. I cry easily, I laugh easily, I change easily... I can almost tell what people are thinking

I feel sensitive physically- like I can't handle anything uncomfortable on my skin and rush to just get undressed at the end of the day... I feel sensitive emotionally- like I can't handle being near people who don't utterly love me unconditionally for more than a hour or so.... and I feel sensitive mentally- like I can't handle too much stimulation b/c I pick up on everything! All and all, I am just a big ball of massive changable energy, and must at all costs decompress each day or I'll short circuit

But on the upswing.. when I am fully nurtured and relaxed, I have never been so open-hearted, creative, and gentle in my life
:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Well, I have been in a great mood, not issues but then tonight I did try to kill me dh for a very small thing, so perhaps I have join the club

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think this all started for me about a month ago, and sleep has been very fitful sine around the same time (I am 29 weeks now). Generally I am okay most of the day, though some days are a wreck from the start, but about 5:00 when my kids and I are getting tired, cranky, and hungry, and I have that long night ahead...getting dinner on the table while navigating cranky kids, cleaning up, bedtime routine...ugh...it feels like too much. I get where I can't stand anyone even being within 6 inches of me. A slightly loud voice has the effect on me of someone screaming. And then the guilt sets in....sheesh....no wonder I can't sleep at night then!
:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Nope, you are soo not alone. I'm right there w/ you. I think my DH and dd's wish I'd go live somewhere else right now for the next 8 weeks! I feel sorry for them. I told them tonight that they can GENTLY tell me when I start to fly off the handle but they have to be easy w/ it or I may end up in a crying fit or just get madder!
: I feel HORRIBLE that I feel this way and I'm not sure what to do about it. I didn't get this bad until the last 2 weeks w/ my last dd so this makes me really nervous and them too..

DH told me that maybe I just need more me time so he is going to try to make sure that happens but who knows if it will??

I'm glad I'm not alone. And so is DH, I told him we were all going through this and it wasn't just me. He sd it made him feel better knowing he wasn't alone too.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh good! I am so glad I am not alone in the crazy hormones. My kids don't understand and DH doesn't either
I feel alone in my own craziness! This is going to be a long 8 1/2 wks...LOL!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Ha, I cried yesterday just talking about how emotional I've been lately. Just talking about it made me cry. I wasn't even crying about anything in particular at all. Ugh, I'm getting really tired of these crazy emotions. I've been working on knitting my first pair of longies and two nights ago I got so frustrated that I ripped the entire thing out. I'd put about 4 hours of work into it at that point.
:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll join the club. I'm at 28 weeks, and I"m so so tired. I can't sleep through the night (need to pee), my boss is being a jerk, and my emotions are all over the place. I'm sad most of the time, and feel like my DH just isn't there, even though I logically know that he is. I can't get comfortable, I can't concentrate at work, I don't want to eat anything even when I'm hungry. I just feel like I'm a mess. I can't believe I have another 12 weeks of this to go.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
You are definately not alone!
I am just sooo sensititve- both positive and negative- lately.. I cry easily, I laugh easily, I change easily... I can almost tell what people are thinking

I feel sensitive physically- like I can't handle anything uncomfortable on my skin and rush to just get undressed at the end of the day... I feel sensitive emotionally- like I can't handle being near people who don't utterly love me unconditionally for more than a hour or so.... and I feel sensitive mentally- like I can't handle too much stimulation b/c I pick up on everything! All and all, I am just a big ball of massive changable energy, and must at all costs decompress each day or I'll short circuit

But on the upswing.. when I am fully nurtured and relaxed, I have never been so open-hearted, creative, and gentle in my life
:
: yeah what she said.
i feel kind of like a motor running with no where to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.