Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a serious fear of spiders, I HATE HATE HATE them. *shudder*
: Our chicken coop is really old in a really old barn. I am working on sweeping down the years worth of cobweb build up out there, it's still too cold to see spiders out there yet so now's the time. Once I get them all cleaned up and get the chickens in there, will the chickens take care of the spiders? I remember going into the chicken coop last summer and seeing those huge fat spiders all over and just about fainting. Blech! How will I handle having to go in there every day to feed them and collect eggs?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I imagine the chickens will take care of the spiders. I saw mice in my chicken coop. Then I saw chickens eating mice, so I realized it wasn't really an issue. I know, I have a hard time with spiders. We have grassland around us, and there are always these HUGE spiders on the house in the summer.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I originally got chickens because I had a black widow infestation. I no longer have black widows =D I'm pretty sure your chickens will be delighted to have midnight snacks in the coop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.