Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size do you prefer? Why?

I am about to cut up some fabric and make my own wipes, but I'm not sure about the size. The wipes we have (the really nice ones) are pretty big, but I always end up getting half of it dirty and not being able to use the rest of the wipe, so I was thinking maybe if I made them smaller, they would get used completely with only one wiping, and then I would have more, right?

Thanks for your help, ladies

·
Registered
779 Posts
Believe it or not, I think it depends on your wiping style.

For poop, I prefer a 5x10 because I try to get it all up in one wipe. I use the corners and fold and fold and fold until not a single spot of the wipe is clean before I will grab another.

On the other hand, I have a friend who likes to do one swipe, grab a clean wipe, do another swipe, etc. For her, 5x8 are probably better.

Maybe you could make some in different sizes and see what works best for you before you use up the rest of your fabrics?

Teri

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
8x8 and I do one swipe, fold in half and do the rest....even for yucky poo's I only need to use one!

I fold my in half and they fit perfect in my wipes warmer!

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree Huggin Hippie
On the other hand, I have a friend who likes to do one swipe, grab a clean wipe, do another swipe, etc. For her, 5x8 are probably better.
Teri
Thats exactly what I do.
All my wipes are from your site too and I love them!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine are more like 5x8 too I find that 8x8 is too big for my likings but thats just me i don't like big wipes I use more then one a pooh too and i like doing that no folding and messing with the wipe with my wiggle worm!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I have 8x8 velour/sherpa wipes. www.preciousdignity.com I love these wipes! And the mama is great to work with. We use those for days when baby is a little pink or for baths. They are fuzzy and soft!

Our main stash are Liz cloth hemp wipes, one layer. After washing they are about 7x7. Used for majority of our diaper changes. I love these wipes too! They wash up great. Purchased at www.diaperware.com

I like having a variety. That way I can switch it up depending on what I need.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I've got 8x8 Ho-Humdinger Hemp Frech Terry wipes from Recyclebees

I got 6 to start, then went back and ordered 24 more - I
these wipes. They are the perfect size, prefect weight, perfect thickness, perfect texture - just simply PERFECT !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.