Mothering Forum banner

How big is your bed

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a double and one 6 mo. old babe but i'm thinking its too small. He seems to nurse a lot at night which i never really thought much of until we spent the night in a queen and he went the whole night without so much as a suck. i couldn't believe it. I then started thinking about what is happening.

I think i'm nudging him hence waking him up then he wants to nurse
... so that got me thinking i wonder what size bed is and how old your chillins are.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by katarn
we have a double and one 6 mo. old babe but i'm thinking its too small. He seems to nurse a lot at night which i never really thought much of until we spent the night in a queen and he went the whole night without so much as a suck. i couldn't believe it. I then started thinking about what is happening.

I think i'm nudging him hence waking him up then he wants to nurse
... so that got me thinking i wonder what size bed is and how old your chillins are.

i think you are! ds literally night-weaned at 20 months when we pushed our guest bed and our bed together in one room (both kings). all of a sudden no one was nudging anyone else and we all started sleeping through the night...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man two kings! that would ba HUGE bed! we have a King sized bed, pushed against a wall, The occupants in it are ME , My hubby, my 4 months old, and my great dane..lol My DS refuses to cosleep.
or it would have him in there too..

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by back2back
Man two kings! that would ba HUGE bed! we have a King sized bed, pushed against a wall, The occupants in it are ME , My hubby, my 4 months old, and my great dane..lol
yeah...we LOVE it!! ds calls it "the big bed"...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
we're in a king. I guess we could fit more, but Dh takes up 1/2 the bed, dd likes to sleep cross ways so I don't even get 1/4. I could use more room. I think that dc can smell boobs. To help with night waking I would have dd sleep next to Dh and not me, and dd slept more and nursed less.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We had a queen until DS was 18 months and then we upgraded to a king. It is so nice to have the extra space (though it hasn't changed DS's waking patterns). The queen was fine when he was a newborn but towards the end we were really crowded and DH was bailing out to another bed a lot because there wasn't enough room.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by katarn
i thought full and double were exactly the same thing.

They may very well be, I could never tell the difference, just know what this tag says.
I marked double.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
We have a king on the floor (no frame) pushed up against the wall. Ds#2 and I sleep on the wall side and dh gets the open side (that is when he doesn't fall asleep on the couch watching TV
) dd and ds#1 have their own rooms which they love but know they are welcome anytime.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have a king, but it's currently for just DS and me. We could probably do nicely with a queen. I've slept with him in a double, and it works, but I'm a little nervous about him rolling out. When DH sleeps with us in the king, I can't roll him from side to side (for nursing) like I would otherwise. I don't know how people do with less space!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrelletta
Uhhh..wheres the spot to vote I have that ULTRA SUPER KING for 50 million dollers! LOL
Ooh, what's that? Not that we could afford it, but I like to fantasize about luxurious beds

Ds sleeps with either me or dh (not both at once, that doesn't work) in a king next to another single .. it's huge .. but ds always ends up pressed up against us anyway. It is nice to get a little space when possible though.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
We have a king, with a side car crib.
DH and I start out with just us 2 in the bed, but eventually DD crawls out of the crib and next to me, and DS2 leaves his bed (his room is a small room off of ours) and climbs into bed with us.

So we start out with 2 and by morning we are 4

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.