Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last pregnancy I was underweight and was told by the midwives to drink lots of whole milk. I drank 1/2 gallon a day and gained 50 lbs...and had a baby cow. She was 8 lbs 14 oz, a lot for my small frame.

I've been vegan and raw vegan for the past 4 years and haven't been completely vegan in my pregnancy, but I'm definitely not doing dairy/meat. Wondering if my baby will be a lot smaller this time around.

I'd love to hear about other's vegan babies and how big they were at birth.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I went vegan when I got married and 3 months later we got pregnant. I did occasionally eat cheese (maybe half a dozen times), but only enough to curb the craving. I only gained around 26lbs total and dd weighed 6lb 5oz at birth. She is now a little more than 8mo and is just hitting the 15lb mark.

But we never expected to have a big baby since we are both on the smaller side (I'm 5'4" & averaged 125lbs pre-pregnancy and dh is 5'6" and is at his heaviest ever at 150-something - we joke that he gained all my pregnancy weight for me
).

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I caved and ate meat my first pregnancy gained 55lbs and ds came out 6.14
This pregnancy I was vegan w the occasional piece of cheese gaines 30 lbs and dd came out 7 even. Since having her I've gone complete vegan again and she is 3 months and 4 days old and weighs over 12lbs and even wears some 6-12 month clothes

·
Registered
188 Posts
1st bub (non-vegan) 7lb 11oz
2nd bub (non-vegan) 10lb 6oz
3rd bub (vegan) 9lb 6oz
4th bub (vegan) 8lb 6oz (born 5 weeks earlier than the others @ 38wks, the others were 43 weekers)
Pregnant with No 5 now.

·
Registered
466 Posts
with dd i craved some dairy after being raw vegan for the first trimester. so, i ate some yogurt and cheese. no meat or eggs ever ever ever!

she was born on time at 7lbs 14 oz. with this pregnancy i am right on target with where i was last time as far as my weight gain and i am eating pretty much the same. i am hoping to go more raw as the weather warms up. we shall see.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was vegan throughout my pregnancy and had been vegan for several years prior to getting pregnant. Ds was born 7lbs 7oz.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
All vegan...
#1 - 8lbs4oz
#2 - 9lbs5oz
#3 - 8lbs4oz
#4 - 7lbs7oz

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
I also ate a little cheese in my last pregnancy (and this one), I'd say I was 90% vegan, and my DS was 6 lbs 11 oz.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Just crashing in from "new posts"...

My nearly-vegan pregnancy baby: 8lbs 13oz

Vegetarian baby: 8lbs 13oz

Traditional foods baby: 10lbs 6oz

(and my first was SAD diet, born 5 weeks early, at 6lbs 12oz)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ds1 vegan pregnancy: 6.8lbs, born week early
Ds2 raw vegan pregnancy (minus 1st tri, had some dairy):6.12lbs, born on due date

I am small framed, so are my parents, sister, etc.

nak

·
Registered
115 Posts
My son was 6 lbs 14 oz. I am small "ish" (5'3", 98 lbs pre-pregnancy). I wonder how much of his size was due to my size vs my diet (Dad is over 6', and so are both granddads - we're interested to see if he stays small....).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Totally vegan for 6 years and throughout pregnancy. I gained 32lbs and and DD was 7lbs 8oz at birth.

Being vegan doesn't necessarily mean a smaller baby - it really depends on the quality of food you eat, your frame, genetics, and general health.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.