Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a just turned 4 DS and a just turned 2 DD. They get along really well, play together, have only occasional minor fights.... so I am not trying to change or "fix" anything. But I think DS would feel useful and good about himself, if he could help with 2 yo DD. But I have absolutely zero ideas as to what he could help with.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllisonR View Post
I have a just turned 4 DS and a just turned 2 DD. They get along really well, play together, have only occasional minor fights.... so I am not trying to change or "fix" anything. But I think DS would feel useful and good about himself, if he could help with 2 yo DD. But I have absolutely zero ideas as to what he could help with.

Any ideas?
Rubbing the two year old's back to help her sleep at naptime? (that is, if the four year old is not also napping).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well, what does DS know how to do that his little sister doesn't know? He could teach her new games and how to do simple things around the house. He could teach her her colors, numbers, and letters. In my expierence, kids love to teach younger siblings how to do things.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Here are some of the things that my 4 yo does for 2 yo:
-Help get snacks off the counter or out of the refrigerator.
-Find clothes.
-Open doors.
-Brush teeth. It is so cute to watch them brush their teeth together at night.
-Reach for stuff.

On the flip side, my 4 yo hates to pick up after herself so the 2 yo will pick up for her big sister. Don't discount the 2 yo helping the 4 yo. My 2 yo is very helpful.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by library lady View Post
On the flip side, my 4 yo hates to pick up after herself so the 2 yo will pick up for her big sister. Don't discount the 2 yo helping the 4 yo. My 2 yo is very helpful.
My 2yo loves to run errands. "Here, take this to your sister" is a wonderful tool.

Will your older one 'read' to your younger one? Teaching the basics: getting dressed, taking one's plate to the kitchen when finished, getting out the door and in the car is also a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.