Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all...i am in desperate need of some answers..my husband is stationed here at baumholder army base and we'll be here until 2007..anyway, i have been seeing doctor after doctor here at the military clinic to try and find out what is wrong with me and have been prescribed antibiotics so many times it's ridiculous..i won't go into detail about my 'condition' but i believe it's something to do with my digestive system..i would like to find a german doctor who practices alternative medicine and have him/her take a look at me and maybe offer some alternative ways of dealing with this..i have been sick for way too long and all the medication i've been prescribed has not helped one bit. i've done a search on the net and found quite a few homeopathic doctors here in germany, however the websites are all in german...any suggestions on how to find one???
:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The easiest thing would be to get a hold of the 'Gelbeseite' (Yellow Pages) and look through it with someone who speaks/understands German. Then look under 'Ärtzte', and then under 'Homeopathie'. There will usually be several listed (though I'm not familiar with the area you're currently in).
They should take you, as you'd be 'privately' insured (under Tricare) and most doctors in Germany speak pretty good English.
Another option would be to go to a local 'Apotheke' (Pharmacy) and ask if they know of a Homeopathic doctor in the area.
Good luck!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just moved back to the states from Ramstein.
We lived in Neunkirchen am Potzberg which isn't to far from you. I had, and still do, the hardest time with Military Drs. They SUCK!! The Germans are above and beyond the best in the world. I fought for almost 5 monthes to go off base ( LRMC) so I could have DS at St Johnannis. ( If i ever get pregnet again I am flying over there and doing with them all over again!
) Do what the post ahead says. It is not hard to find one, The Germans are WAY into homeopathie and alot of them know English and take tricare ( i was lucky to go to Germany already knowing German) I would go to Tricare to get it signed off and you will need to get a med group commanders override to get off base which will most likely be a pain in the ass but WELL worth it all. Let me know how it is going and if you have any ?'s! Hope you get to feeling better and get what you deserve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.