Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not pregnant at the moment but I would like to find out more about Doulas to know if I'd like one for my next child. How do I go about finding one?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ask your friends and family or that crunchy mom that you see at the grocery store! Usually OB"s and midwives are happy to recommend someone they have worked with and liked in the past. Ask your childbirth ed. teacher, or pregnancy massage therapists or prenatal yoga instructors- they are all involved in the birthing community so they usually not only know names of doulas, but they also have personal experience with them and can help steer you to someone who would be right for you!

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
bellywomen.net, alace.org

Ask at the yoga studio, at the health food store, at the prenatal massage that you treat yourself to...

Also, look at all those websites that are listed, and read, read, read. There is tons of valuable information available on the sites. That'll really help you decide if having a doula attend your birth is what's right for you. There are so many benefits, if you find a doula that is a great fit. Good luck in your search!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.