Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>As in the actual exit hole. </p>
<p>Yeah I know - yuck!</p>
<p>He plays with it about as much as he plays with his penis - which is all well and good...for him! ....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have heard this little problem mentioned before on here....people ask why he could be doing it - the simple answer is, no he doesn't have worms, yes his bum is wiped well enough (I still do it! lol)...he simply does it because he likes to. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>No I can not give him designated bum touching time - where he could wash his hands afterwards because 1).  He won't wash his hands (this is the main reason I still wipe his bum - I deal with sensory things with him a lot - he hates water) and 2).  He does it like a twitch...without even thinking about it - so designated 'time' wouldn't really work to stop it! lol</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He is 5.  I asked him what we could do about it - he doesn't know. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So...ideas?  Because its disgusting. </p>

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
<p>I limit the *place* for all private touching to the bathroom or bedroom. With this, I would limit it to the bathroom with a couple of reminders. We use first a "hands up" comment to remind DS especially about what he is doing. It does seem to occasionally be a habit he gets into. Then if it persists, we walk the kid to their bedroom and remind them of the rule about privacy. When they come out, I try to grab them and wash their hands.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is he wearing clothes that allow easier access? I find we have fewer problems when DS wears underwear and in the winter with all the layers. Button pants are better than those with elastic waist, too.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts