Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning to start TTC#2 in December.

During my pregnancy with DD I had quite a few problems such as high blood pressure, early bleeding, morning sickness till 19 weeks, bad asthma attacks requiring hospitalisation and severe pelvic pain in the final month.

Looking back I was very unprepared for pregnancy. I had presumed it would take us a while to concieve and that I could prepare my body at the same time. I got pg in the first month of TTC.

Now I have 6mo till we plan to TTC#2. Is there anything I can do in advance to prepare for a better pregnancy next time?

I just wanted to add that despite all the troubles last time DD is perfect and it was so so worth it!

TIA

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Ellasmummy!

I don't really have an answer for you, as I too am looking into making my next pregnancy healthier. I'm particularly interested in keeping my bp down! I've heard some people say that drinking a TON of water (like more than a gallon a day) and eating a lot of protein can help keep pre-eclampsia/PIH away. But I don't actually know what the theory is behind this. Other than that, I'm just taking my pre-natal vitamins to help prepare my body and drinking lots of water, cutting out caffein, and eating more organic foods.

I wish I could be more help to you! If I come across anything I'll post it here for you! I'm going to be checking back here to see if anyone else has any ideas! Good luck preparing to TTC!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.