Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend just had her boys come home from the hospital. They had twin to twin transfer and are still small. 4lbs and 5lbs. These are kids #5 &6 for her so she doesn't need baby stuff per say.

I want to send her a feel good package. I don't care if it is stuff for her the boys or both.

What would you have loved to have???

Thanks for any ideas.

Ohhh...she is also keeping track of nursing sessions and diapers and such on a whit board. Is there a good planner out there that anyone has used?

·
Registered
176 Posts
What a great friend you are! You'll likely hear this repeated times, but it can't be said enough...FOOD! Now, I'm not sure if you are near your friend (given that you said you wanted to "send" a package, I'm assuming you aren't nearby?)...if you are, prepared meals, snacks and any ol' food you can think of is about the best gift a new twin mama can receive
: If you are farther away and need to send something via mail, consider gift cards/certificates for local eateries that deliver to her area.

I don't have time to post much more, but I'm sure the other wonderful mamas here will chime in

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I would send a small gift to each of the new siblings. They might be feeling a bit left out and overwhelmed. For the parents, I love the idea of gift certificates to local eateries, or if you really want to splurge, coordinate and pay for a "mother's helper" to help with the laundry, cleaning, etc for awhile (once, days, weeks, months?)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I agree to have gift certificates to places that deliver groceries or other food that their family likes.

Call her regularly for the next 2-3 YEARS. It is hard to remember to reach out when you are mired in dirty diapers and screaming kids. I loved it when people would call me just to chat! I didn't get out much, so it was vital to my peace of mind!!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamGroom View Post
My best friend just had her boys come home from the hospital. They had twin to twin transfer and are still small. 4lbs and 5lbs. These are kids #5 &6 for her so she doesn't need baby stuff per say.

I want to send her a feel good package. I don't care if it is stuff for her the boys or both.

What would you have loved to have???

Thanks for any ideas.

Ohhh...she is also keeping track of nursing sessions and diapers and such on a whit board. Is there a good planner out there that anyone has used?
I vote food ..... plus stuff like good lotion for her, some chocolates, a good book to read while nursing.

There is a timer thingy called Itzbeen, I think, that might come in handy for her.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, we have an amazing parenting group and they have been taking care of food and help with child care.

Gifts for the other kids is a good idea. I want to get her a few special cheer up items.

I now live across the country so this will all be mailed stuff.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdahlgrd View Post
I agree to have gift certificates to places that deliver groceries or other food that their family likes.

Call her regularly for the next 2-3 YEARS. It is hard to remember to reach out when you are mired in dirty diapers and screaming kids. I loved it when people would call me just to chat! I didn't get out much, so it was vital to my peace of mind!!
:

And don't get mad if she doesn't call back or if she has to randomly hang up on you while in the middle of a conversation because a baby is trying to kill the other or because someone just spit up all over the floor. Some of my singleton mom friends just didn't "get" why it's so much harder with multiples.

Mine are #5 and 6 as well. CLEANING would be wonderful. If you can swing it, a maid once a week for a month when all the help goes home would be wonderful. Chocolate is good. A friend sent me GOOD chocolate and I made it last for a loooong time. Starbucks gift cards or the like for those times she's losing her mind and sticks all the kids in the car and just drives for awhile. Wait, that might have just been me.
Does she knit? Read? For those moments I was able to steal it was nice when a friend bought me some needles and some yummy yarn. It was soothing to just sit and knit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.