Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some unbleached infant chinese prefolds from CottonBabies, and followed the instructions for prewashing them. I washed them with a little bit of Allen's on hot and dried on hot 8 times. They quilted up ok and look like the pictures, but they are not soft. They are stiff, kinda course, pilly, and just not comfy looking at all. I hate to put something so uncomfortable looking on my brand new baby (who is still in my tummy, due today, seems happy right where she is, ugh). What can I do to make them softer, more pliant, more comfy? Should I bleach them?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Ansett

·
Registered
915 Posts
I got some unbleached CPF's and IPF's and some bleached CPF's from the same place and had the same issues.....did all the prewashings and they are pilly and not soft AT ALL....I was hoping this would resolve with more washings but so far, it hasn't. I got some UB IPF's from clothdiaper.com that were seconds and super cheap and I boiled them and then did a hot wash in my machine and dried them once and they are fabulous and soft w/o any pilling at all.....they were softer when they arrived unprepped than my other ones were after all that washing and drying so I don't know if it's just a quality thing or what. I plan to boil my ones from cottonbabies and see if that's what made the difference though....maybe try that and see?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. How long do you boil them? Please let me know if it worked after you've done it!<br>
I wish I hadn't bought so many from CottonBabies. I should have tried different places. I thought a CPF was a CPF was a CPF, no real difference. I guess I was <b>wrong</b>.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'll try today and see what happens. I boiled those ones for about 7 minutes each and I was doing it to get them prepped faster (rather than doing 5-10 hot washes and dries) so no idea if the boiling made a difference in softness or if it's just the difference in pfs....I'll let you know tonight!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts