Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My three year old (tomorrow!) boy wet the bed last night and I didn't realize it until this morning. (We share a family bed and some glorious nights we all sleep very soundly!
smile.gif
) Does anyone have any healthy, safe suggestions on how to clean our mattress? The spot is only about 6-8 inches in diameter. Thank you!

PS This is my first thread. I hope I did it correctly.

·
Premium Member
38,824 Posts
Welcome to Mothering!
greet.gif

Your thread is fine but it would be better placed in a forum that is specific for the topic. For your topic I think The Mindful Home would be best. I'll move your thread to that forum.
smile.gif

·
Registered
121 Posts
What I have been doing is sprinkling a decent amount of baking soda on the spot and leaving it a few hours until the moisture is absorbed (soda will be more "cakey") and then just vacuuming it up. If the spot is already dry, spray it with some water and do the above with baking soda. Might not be the best way ever but it works for me!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I do the baking soda too, another thing I have done and had great results is after soaking up all the urine as best you can and doing the baking soda I spray with vinegar and then let air dry or put a fan blowing at it. It helps to disinfect the area and with those two things my mattress does not smell from my little co sleepers accidents.

Welcome to MDC!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.