Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 12 weeks postpartum and I think that I might be pregnant but as I am bf full time, it is hard to tell.

Besides the obvious "peeing on a stick" I would like to just have my body confirm my pregnancy this time.

As my dd has been going 6+ hours through the night at 3 weeks of age, I realized that it could "theoretically" happen at any time. As dh and I resumed sex at 3 weeks, I scoffed at the possibility...I mean shouldn't a body know better..but theoretically it could happen right?

I've been having increasing tenderness in my breasts (I have no probs bf), my abdomen is getting tight in my pants (I haven't increased my diet) and now that I'm a little nauseous, I am starting to wonder.

My lochia finished at 3 weeks, hence us resuming sex then
, and I had a little bit of bloody show about 2 weeks laterish...could I have ovulated that fast already??? I just turned 36 eight minutes ago and it could be my bodies way of saying, "hey you, not a lot of time left for making those babies".

Anyone had a similar experience? How have those who had an UP confirm their suspicions? Anyone so close postpartum?

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
Rosemary, those were the exact signs when i first ovulated. the only way i knew i wasnt preggo was because we hadnt resumed sex.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Happy Birthday!

cdnmom, it could be what meemee said, you have started ovulating again. I did get pg again eight weeks PP. Six according to the pgy calenders. But because I havn't had a period I went by date of conception. (i am now five and some months along) B/c I had just gone through it all, I put all the signs together that I remembered from getting pg with DD. The only reason I did the POAS was to get myself out of denial.

I had the ph change in my vagina, total constipation, (TMI) the sudden appearence of mass cellulite on my butt, and the sudden need to have a dog
. (it is some peoples guess that the last one is my maternal insticts kicking in. I love animals, but do not like to live with them.) The clincher for me was some private time in the washroom and a thorough look at my vagina. It looked the same as when first pg with DD.

If you are still wondering, sit down and try to remember all the signals your body gave you last time and see if they add up to pgy.

ETA: I was also fulltime BFing when I conceived. DD had only just started sleeping longer at night.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
My kids are 11.5 months apart. Exclusive breastfeeding, hell or high water my period comes back. With my 2nd, my pp lochia stopped at 3wks just like yours and returned two weeks later. I'm currently waiting my 2nd pp AF ( my cycles are lonnnnng right now- 42 days last time! I'm at 32 days now ) But anything is possible. Oh and don't rely on drugstore pregnancy tests. I took two of them and got two false negatives, only to discover my 2nd pregnancy at 14 weeks

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Oh my. You guys are scaring me. It's crossed my mind that perhaps I'm pregnant again, but I tell myself I couldn't possibly be because I haven't started AF yet. So you are all talking about ovulating before you start AF, right? I do know that's possible, but I always thought it was so unlikely. Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Let's see if I remember my Taking Charge of Your Fertility book:

Ovulation occurs before menstruation, unless it's an anovulatory cycle (which many first PP cycles are...but obviously not all!)

barefoot mama, I have several friends who never had a period while breastfeeding and found themselves quite pregnant

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I'd take a test.... because I know someone who had her first child and BF, never got a period- got preggo with #2, never got a period, got preggo with #3. She's gone 4 yrs no period. and 3 kids to show for it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
I'd take a test.... because I know someone who had her first child and BF, never got a period- got preggo with #2, never got a period, got preggo with #3. She's gone 4 yrs no period. and 3 kids to show for it.

Wow, she is way more intrepid than I. I figure two in 11 months will be enough for me for now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts