Mothering Forum banner

How crunchy are you?

• Super Crunchy.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Crisp on the outside, warm and squishy in the middle.

Votes: 104 62.3%
  • Wet soggy bread.

Votes: 27 16.2%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,980 Posts
Like I said I am wet soggy bread. I tried! I swear I did! We do buy organic when it is there and we CD(it's so darn cute) and bf(I do what is best bor dd). I cannot do the co-sleep thing. I have a VERY bad back. Although at the end of the night towards daybreak it looks like a dogpile in my bed. Does that count?
I try to recycle whenever I can, it just does not happen often. I am just not very good.

ETA...
And one time I even bought one of those prewrapped potatoes to microwave that were washed and ready to go in plastic. That is probably really bad.
Oh and I always buy jello in the single serving containers.

See I am wet bread....bread in milk.

· Banned
1,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miny20
I'm not crunchy at all.

I vaccinate my daughter.
We eat processed food like you wouldn't believe.
I drive an SUV.
I eat meat, love cheese, and have my share of veal.
I drink bottled water, and more often than not, don't recycle.

I cloth diaper because it's trendy.
I breastfeed because it's the best thing for my child.

Am I going to be banned, now?

I think we were seperated at birth. NEED the SUV......LOL.

Summie

· Banned
1,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kindred_spirit
Actually the homebirth hurt my score.....oh how I wanted one & dreamed of one & planned for one.......and then Preclampsia....etc...problems came into play & my midwife booted me ;(

but next time a water birth for me........Yippeee!!!!!!!!!Z

You know I'd LOVE to birth at home. I have high blood pressure quite badly even when I am NOT pregnant and that always causes such a fuss.

I think I am half scared of not havig any pain meds either. I am a super whimpy baby. I WISH I could be half the women these home birthers are. I am just not cut out for it. I cry for my own Mother during delivery. How pathetic is that???

· Banned
1,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2kyla
Holli, kimberlylibby & others

its just a silly quiz ... there is no definative test you can take that says you are a good parent or that you are crunchy. heck there is nothing to say that being crunchy makes you a better parent than someone who isnt. Please dont let something so small make you feel bad... you and only you are the final deciding factors in who/what you are as a person and parent. Being a parent isnt about scores or tests... its about much more than that.
s

Heck I know people who do all of those things on that quiz but then hit their children... i wouldnt exactly look up to them as crunchy or a better parent than me because they scored higher.

totally agree....I am not crunchy and I KNOW I am a good Mother. It's what works for you and your family.

I don't think I've met a bad Mother on here.

Summie

· Banned
1,980 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberlylibby
Annette: you didn't hurt my feelings!! I just got irked cause it implied that pumped milk wasn't as good.... that's all. There's blood sweat and tears in pumped milk, as any pumpin' mama can tell ya!! I am very thankful I *did* eventually get to nurse my dd... and I am a huge bf advocate...

I had to full time pump for my first dd for about a month. She would NOT latch on at all. It was that ar she'd starve or eat formula. I think I made the best choice. I have to pump every once in a while for my second dd because her latch and suck is so strong that sometimes I think she swalows my nipples.....Ugh. I have to give them a break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.