Mothering Forum banner

How crunchy are you?

• Super Crunchy.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Crisp on the outside, warm and squishy in the middle.

Votes: 104 62.3%
  • Wet soggy bread.

Votes: 27 16.2%
21 - 40 of 119 Posts

· Registered
3,459 Posts
I got a 60 60 - 89 Pretty Crispy although I said soggy bread!

The 2 thing I do that ya all would hate me for is this:
I vax
I circ' (because of religion NOT looks)

I CD
I BF and plan to self-wean
I co-sleep
I babywear (sling)
I eat very little processed foods
We buy organic when we can but thats not all that often
Im thinkking bout Mama Cloth for me but I dont even use pads, I use Tampons! Do they have those in cloth? LOL

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette&Aden
90 - 119 Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch!

That's us!! Wow, I didn't think I was that crunchy!

· Registered
420 Posts
I got exactly a 90 "(90 - 119 Mmm! Love that whole-grain crunch!)Wow, I'm crunchier than I thought. Thank God it didn't ask what I drive or how much TV I watch." or even what

Ditto.....Althougth I am not as crunchy as I want to be......and know people more crunchy then me........so jealouse

· Registered
97 Posts
according to measuring devices, I'm super crunchy...but I sit here drinking my red bull, feeling kinda squishy.
I don't eat organic exclusively..the rest yeah...hb, cosleep, hs sling, bf till college (lol) blah blah blah. you get the idea.

I think my dh has far surpassed me...as lay there, curled up on the bed this morning watching him do his 30min yoga routine. whadda guy.

I felt much crunchier when my stash consisted of 26 prefolds and 4 alexis covers...

· Registered
4,514 Posts
I wanted to start this thread too! I assumed everyone was supa crunch for some reason. I didnt know CDing was trendy?? Glad to hear it though!

We're pretty crunchy. Test says 109

*Crunch*
CD
Sling
Co-sleep
No-circ for boys
No vax (yet?)
EBF
Vegan (wool for CDs though

Recycle (starting to grow/compost now that we have space
)
Homeoathy/natural home/etc
No-poo (thanks to MDC)
Will prob homeschool a few years

*Non-crunch*
2 cars (did have 0 for a couple years)
TV (and lots of gadgets for DH)

· Registered
3,123 Posts
WOW! I scored 115. :LOL

I tandem nurse (Jessa JUST self -weaned), cd, sling, no-vax yet, eat organic when we can, use birth center (couldn't afford home burth
), lots of other things....

Same here on not knowing cd was trendy! I know it's addictive in the crunchy world, but had no idea that it's a trend.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
70 here...that surprised me lol!

We:
*CD for the past 4 months now and
ing it
*BF until at least 2 yrs
*co-sleep~younger 2
*babywear but still getting the hang of it lol!
Dh gets a bits nervous when he sees me trying to get the baby in there
~ I will figure it out though!
*we grow, preserve, freeze, can all our vegetables & raise our own chickens & catch our own fish

*selective vac
*need to recycle more than we do
:
*we have a SUV & P-UP that seats 6...don't know how we'd get rid of em with having 4 little ones~all those car seats/boosters lol!

· Registered
3,886 Posts
I'm crispy.

I bf. I'm open to CLW, but Libby weaned on her own when I got pg.
I cd.
I co-sleep when dd wants to, she's in her crib on the other nights. Totally her choice.
I have donated breastmilk to other moms.
I grind my wheat and make my own bread.
I use mama cloth.
We use some cloth tp, some paper tp.
I have c/s (pre-eclampsia, trust me, I'd love a homebirth... but the midwives go running when I come calling)
I drive a minivan.
I use more air conditioning than any human requires.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
BTW, I will admit to being more than 100% irritated that I had to get docked 5 points on the quiz because I had to give DD my breastmilk in a bottle.

She didn't latch until she was 10 weeks old and I think it makes me MORE crunchy that I persevered and pumped for 10 weeks instead of just giving up.

So that quiz should give ME an extra 5 points for sticking with it even when a dozen LC's told me to give up!

Yes, I'm a bit touchy on that subject

21 - 40 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.