Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I <span style="text-decoration:line-through;">know</span> Hope(!) you HB Mamas will have answers for me.</p>
<p>I have had two cesarean births. The first was an emergency. I was planning a natural  hospital birth, I guess. I was eighteen at the time and didn't have a real birth plan. My water broke a week before my due date and I went to the hospital. Only to find out my boy was footling breech. ( I TOLD the health dept. Dr. that I felt baby was breech, but did he listen?! No! First time Mamas don't know anything I guess.) Thirty minutes later I have a babe in my arms. I was put under general anesthesia for that birth because the epidural didn't work quickly enough. They would't let my husband in, so no one even witnessed my boy's birth. :(</p>
<p>They did discover during the surgery that I have a Bicornuate uterus. That was most likely the reason for Babe being footling.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Which brings us to the next birth, nine months ago. </p>
<p>I qualified for Medicaid so, I ended up going back the same doctor, who I hated. But I felt I had no choice. I am now considered high risk because of the uterine anomaly. And this Boy was breech, too. I had a scheduled cesarean and my water broke two weeks ahead of the due date this time (bigger boy, too). I just went in and had the c-section. At least I was awake this time, and got to see/hear my baby right away. I could't hold him, my arms were strapped, and I was shaking badly/ and teeth chattering uncontrollably because of the spinal block.  I had to wait so long to hold him because of the shaking and I couldn't sit up or move because of the spinal block. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I DO NOT want to have these horrible childbirth experiences again. It makes me want to cry. I feel robbed of something. I'm just wondering if anyone has ANY advice or opinions or experience with a situation like this? I know I want more children. I just want to know if there are <strong>any</strong> other options for me?  Homebirth would be awesome, or even at a birthing clinic.... I don't think any doctors/hospitals would let me even try a VBAC, being high risk. I don't even know if a Midwife would take me? And I assume you <span style="text-decoration:underline;">must</span> transfer if your baby is breech? Which is very likely for me because of the anomaly... Am I stuck with this crappy birthing situation??</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts