Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please use this thread to write about how Lora touched your life. She brought so many lives into this world and will be greatly missed. I will pass these stories along to her family and children.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am still writing mine, but I will post here soon.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
honestly i can't say she touched my *directly, as I never met her in person. But certainly indirectly as she was a valuable member of our birth community and makes her a special person in my eyes. I wish I could say I the pleasure of knowing her, but many of my friends have and they have been blessed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I met Lora last year when I became a client at Alternative Birth Choices. I enjoyed my prenatal visits with her. I found her knowledgable, friendly, and personable. She was respectful and made me feel valued when I was with her. I found that it was easy to connect with her.<br><br>
I appreciated that Lora took time to answer my questions. She was willing to share her perspective on various issues, yet respected and supported my final decision even if it was different from what she would have chosen.<br><br>
Lora attended the birth of my baby in September. I can still remember how perfectly and calmly she spoke to me as the baby was born. Her gentle presence encouraged me and helped me focus.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Lora and Evelyn missed my birth.<br><br>
It was my third, and I just didn't realize I was so far along. I got off the phone with Lora about 3:30, she talked with me to hear my voice and guess my status.<br>
By 4 a.m., Benjamin Ulysses was born, and the two of them walked in at 4:15.<br><br>
Lora came in with her coffee cup. She was so sweet, a bit suprised it was all over with. But she got right to work as Ben was a little blue.<br><br>
I will never forget how she tucked me in a few hours later as they prepared to go. She put a pillow under my knees, and it felt awesome.<br><br>
During prenatal visits, Lora talked with me about anything at all. She and I talked about my fears about being a mom to a big family. She told me she wasn't afraid to practice the way they have to (without malpractice insurance). She said, "I have NO assets! No one could get any money out of me!" Laughing.<br><br>
Lora was very kind when we were struggling to pay her fee. She recommended some help to me that we really needed.<br><br>
The last time I saw her was briefly at the office for a pp checkup. But I keep remembering her kindness and willingness to swing by our house 2 days after the birth, on her way home from the kids' Christmas visit to Grandma. Her lovely children played with my son while she checked me out , and she offered her advice for our upcoming visit to the ER with our seriously jaundiced baby.<br><br>
I am very sorry I couldn't get to the memorial. I was one block away at the time, after leading my sisters (both of whose births she had attended) through the unfamiliar city so that they could attend. My husband was there, too, but I couldn't make it. I popped in much later, after most everyone had left, and saw some children there, dancing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts