Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>And what are you planning for next year?  Mistakes?  Victories?  What have you learned?  What have you enjoyed or hated?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This year was our first year with the veggie garden, and I think it went quite well, considering.  Tomatoes did reasonably well, but we need to do a better job making sure they are staked thoroughly.  The slugs and mice did a number on them (often #2--blech), but we still got our money's worth.  The chickens are ranging in there and dh is prepping the third section that was last season's chicken run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to do more beets and carrots and some lettuce.  I have plans to start more rhubarb (more! more! more!) outside the deer fence.  And we will be expanding the chicken run/veggie garden so we have more room to cycle the chickens through without sacrificing overwintered veggies and stuff.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DH is designing a second larger, stationary greenhouse.  I want to suspend the tables by chains from the top so as to nearly eliminate slug issues.  The slugs were voracious this year due to our long, wet spring.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We are rethinking the garden at the rental for easier maintenance.  Already started moving some raspberries and expanding the lawn a bit.  Need heavy, heavy mulch for easier watering next year.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's been a long process starting over yet again, but we are getting there!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts