Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is weird. Last night I was watching a movie and realised I was trying to not think about something and wondered what it was.<br><br>
Then I remembered I was trying to avoid thinking about something I read here - someone posted something about how they saw a baby have a fit and that the baby must of had them before because he/she knew the fit was coming and was looking to their mum with a help! look in their eyes and nobody could do anything while the baby fitted. The person that posted said it took a long time to get over it.<br><br>
Thats just so sad and distressing for me, that poor baby, the poor mother!! While thinking about that I suddenly realised that my mum mentioned in passing when my dd was 2-3 months old - I was worrying about dd coughing on her spit - mum said :<br><br>
"How did you think I felt when you went into a fit at her age?"<br><br>
It just really hit me last night. I had a fit! I may of had more, and I wish I had asked mum more about it but I didn't realise what she said til now.<br><br>
I was vaccined up to about 2 and half years of age at which I contracted meningitis and almost died. Came through lucky to just be profoundly deaf. My mum stopped vax after that because my immune system was weak (and even the doctor said to delay/stop). I got another round at around 5 or 6 before school and again at 12 years old.<br><br>
I'm just thinking now oh my god! Those fits are most likely linked to vax's and all that could of had a bad impact on my immune system - weakening it allowing meningitis to take hold. I have also read stuff that some vaccines are linked to "atypical meningitis" whatever that means. I don't know what kind I got bacterial or viral but anyways I want to know more. But how do I bring up the subject with my mother without implying that I am looking to see if there is any "coincidence" with my vaccination?<br><br>
Do I just ask for my vaccination records and then at another time ask her about my fits and meningitis without mentioning vax?<br><br>
Something feels horribly wrong and I'm scared to go digging around in case I find something I don't like. I would feel obiliged to tell her and whats done is done. Telling her would only upset her.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, i forgot to mention i was a tthe naturopath the other day (Nak) and she did some tests and said I was very sentisized to chemicals and that cjhemical smells probably bothered me and that i had toxins in my body.<br><br>
I also thought of vax when she said "sentistized"! I really HATE perfurme, deodrant, anything chemical, the smell makes me sick and sometimes gives me headaches. My mother's perfume just REEKS! yuk!<br><br>
Is there anything I can do as well about getting rid of toxins in my body? How do I find out what toxins they are? The naturopath doesn't know!!! I thought of all people she would know.

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
Just a thought: If you don't want to get into any kind of discussion, etc with your mum, maybe you could just tell her you are seeing a new Dr. or your child is... whatever. It's a white lie. This new doctor is asking for a really thorough medical history and you realise there are things she has mentioned that you don't have the details on... just a simple request for information. No big deal...<br><br>
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts