Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Anyone have any answers for me?  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, for example, I think that I had an early m/c at 4.5 weeks (3 days late for AF when it arrived).  I've had this happen in the past (2 months ago), but that month I think I miscarried around 3 days BEFORE my AF was due, just after I think I implanted.  I've received +HPTs on both of these just before / after the bleeding started.  The bleeding pattern on these two cycles have been all wonky, as well.  For both of these, I have had light -- but bright red -- bleeding, which then subsided for a few hours / half a day.  Then I start with severe abdominal cramps and feeling violently ill, unable to get into a position I can stay in, feeling like a caged animal moaning on the floor, etc.  Then a few hours later, the heavy bleeding with clots start.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So my question is, when do I start over at CD1?  Is it the first time that I see that bright red blood?  The next day, which is usually the first full day of heavy bleeding?  Or the day that my AF was SUPPOSED to start, which would be CD 28 for me?  Anyone BTDT?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help.  </p>

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<p>I guess I should add that the reason I'm curious is that I'm considering starting soy this cycle, and I'm definitely going to be using OPKs this cycle.  So it's pretty important to know what CD I'm currently on.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again.</p>

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
<p>I have always done the first day of bleeding as chart day one and that is what my natural family planning practitioner told me to do. I had light bleeding for a day and a half, then it stopped and then I bled heavily the next day, but I counted the first day of light bleeding as day one. That being said, it is hard to say what your hormones will do the cycle right after a m/c. With my early loss I did O right when I would have had it been a typical cycle, and that was according to CD1 being the first day of light bleeding. I am so sorry for you, this stinks.</p>

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So sorry! I had a chemical this month too. I counted day 1 as the first day I saw red blood. Even though it might have been spotting still at that point. As for the soy. I took it last month (when I concieved) but decided to skip it this month. I had spoke to my dr right after I started bleeding about possibly starting clomid this month and she said definitely not to start clomid like this. So I figured that probably meant I shouldn't be taking soy either.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cindy</p>

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>Thank you both for the condolences.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>VeganPrincess - That's interesting.  Did your doctor say why you shouldn't start fertility treatments after a m/c?  I mean I assume that it's because of the common sense notion that your body may not be "ready" for a pregnancy yet...But I've also heard that the cycle after a m/c can be unusually fertile, at least for some women (especially when it is an early, early m/c).  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had never thought that I would want to jump into soy or any other interventions until at least a year, but I have to say that this loss was just devastating for me.  I can't do nothing this cycle.  I sat back and let nature take it's course for a little while now, and have had 2 chemicals in 4 months.  I have to at least <em>feel</em> like I'm doing something productive (I'm also starting yoga, and potentially trying green tea to increase fertile CM).  However, I will be starting out on a low dose of the soy (maybe 40 or 60mg), because I DO usually O right on time....I guess I just want the "boost" to the follicle, and some more EWCM, of which I usually have very little.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And thank you both for the information, I will start the first day of bleeding as CD1.  Much appreciated! </p>

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
<p>Well, I am not a doctor, obviously, but I think it is really up to you when you want to start the soy. With my 8 week loss I did not feel comfortable trying that first cycle, but with my early ('chemical', hate that word) PG, we did not prevent and I O'ed on time. You know what else, one year is not a magical number, it is not uncommon for it to take a year for couple who do not chart, but considering the fact you know when you O and you have gotten PG twice in the last 4 months, you know what is up, I say go for it. Let me just say again though, I am not a doctor! (((hugs))) Go with you gut on this.</p>

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
<p>My dr didn't say why not to take clomid, but she did say it is fine to try this month. And she gave me a prescription for progesterone to take after ovulation, in case that is why I had the loss. I should say, I did have my hormones tested a couple months back (while nursing) and my progesterone was very very low then. I am no longer nursing (which can cause low progest.) so we are going to retest my progesterone levels next month when I am not traveling for xmas since it has to be on a specific day of your cycle. Anyway, have you asked your dr to test your progesterone, in case that is why you are having early miscarriages? I understand the need to feel like you are doing something proactive. I think that would be something positive you could do.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cindy</p>

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
<p>So sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine the heartbreak of twice in 4 month.</p>
<p>I did have a suggestion though if you are thinking about doing something. I don't know much about soy, but if you O on time, you might consider trying Royal Jelly (organic, with honey-- the granules don't work as well, so i've heard)- it is supposed to make your eggs stronger so you have a healthier egg to start. My acupuncturist recommends it for all women trying to conceive, and it is also pretty well known for being great for your overall health, so there shouldn't be any contraindications for using it after early m/c. Sorry I don't have any info about counting days, but I think I would still consider day 1 your first day with red blood. Again, so sorry for your loss :(</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://natural-fertility-info.com/royal-jelly.html" target="_blank">http://natural-fertility-info.com/royal-jelly.html</a></p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts