Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a cuff on some Picky Pants that look just like normal pants - no seed stitch, no fancy something-or-other. I would like to just knit knit knit and bind off... but I know that will roll. So, how can I make it look all knit, but not roll?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Do a turned hem
Just like the waist at the top, but in reverse. You'll work stockinette to the length you want, then work a purl turning row, then knit again (on a needle one size smaller if you've got it, otherwise don't worry about it) for 4 or 6 rounds, then cast off and whipstitch the cast off to the inside of the leg. It's option 2 in the leg cuff section of the pattern

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade View Post
Do a turned hem
Just like the waist at the top, but in reverse. You'll work stockinette to the length you want, then work a purl turning row, then knit again (on a needle one size smaller if you've got it, otherwise don't worry about it) for 4 or 6 rounds, then cast off and whipstitch the cast off to the inside of the leg. It's option 2 in the leg cuff section of the pattern

Ah, duh - I just saw that on the pattern! Yeah, that would work! I am making them a bit longer, so he can wear them longer... and you advise against that cuff if it's being made with room to grow. What do you think? I'm using BFL, so would that work any better? Or... maybe I ought to not make them longer?? Oh, I don't know!

What does it require so much thought to make longies?! I'm so anal, it makes it tough! I've already frogged the cuff once b/c I didn't like how the seed stitch looked on it. I don't want to frog again, especially after I cut the yarn! lol

ETA: Sam, i'll have to look in my knitting book and find out what garter stitch is. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts