·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leilalu
Hi
Bay Area mama here too

We get our CSA veggies from http://www.twosmallfarms.com/CSAinfo/thisweekslist.html

We started this year and love it!!!

I also just got grassfed beef from http://www.morrisgrassfed.com/

if you were to call them now, you may be able to still get in on a split half or family pack, if you call NOW.
Okay, I joined a CSA that's a little closer to me (Walnut Creek) called Eat Outside the Box. They have eggs too! Tuesday is my first pick up!!! YAY!!!

I called about the beef and they have a few split halves left!!
I have a fridge w/ the freezer on the top. Will I be able to fit all that beef in there????
Do you know of a place that sells good chickens??? That would be nice too! ha ha
Thanks for the links!!!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by knittinclothmama
I called about the beef and they have a few split halves left!!
I have a fridge w/ the freezer on the top. Will I be able to fit all that beef in there????
Half of a steer? Not likely. Maybe 1/4.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamagotchi
I think a "split half" is half of a half, isn't it? I don't know if you can fit it in a regular freezer though

Yes, half of a half... they sell a half also but that's too much for me right now! ha ha

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I think if the freezer is large and there is nothing else in there (like an ice maker), it could fit.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Did they tell you how many cubic feet you will need to store the meat?
You can measure your freezer and see how many cubic feet you have available.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
*That's* a brilliant idea. And that will give you an idea of how many friends and family members to invite for the initial barbecue.
:

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I doubt you would be able to fit a split half in there
I guess you could try though. I am also not one who knows alot about these sorts of things.
We bought an upright freezer for our garage to fit our family pack plus 20 pounds of liver.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Small chest freezers are pretty inexpensive and energy efficient.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gale Force
Small chest freezers are pretty inexpensive and energy efficient.
I'm gonna have to get me one!!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJP
http://www.eatwellguide.org/
Oh you are my most favorite person in the word right now! (well next to my family of course
) I've been searching ALL OVER for a local farm that does grass fed beef. I had given up and was just about to order online (which isn't bad but I'd like to support my community) when you posted this and I found like 15 really close to me!!! I can't believe they wern't listed anywhere else! Seriously, you rock!!! (lol I know I'm a little overenthusiastic right now)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts