Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need a referral from my internist? Cause he's an idiot, and I haven't found a new one yet. I don't think I need meds, I'm not depressed or anything, though I have been in the past. I've just been dealing with a lot of stuff and feel like i need someone to talk to. And, if I'm paying that person, I won't feel like I'm being annoying by talking their ear off, yk? How do you know who to call? I'd appreciate any help you have. There have been many times in my life when I probably would have benefited from some professional help, but I have never done it.<br>
THanks!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Contact your insurance company or look at their website or consult your insurance manual. One of those will be able to tell you, if you need a referral. Also, the company website or their helpline should be able to give you a list of in network providers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if you don't have to have a referal from your primary doc, it's really worth it to ask for recommendations from people you know.<br><br>
There are a lot of wonderful therapists out there, and unfortunatly a few really bad ones. Asking folks you know, or just folks in your tribal area for recommendations can help weed out the few bad ones, and help you narrow down your in-network search.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. It seriously hadn't even occurred to me that there would be an insurance list - I wasn't sure that it would be part of that. And I hadn't thought about checking the tribe areas - good idea! That's really my biggest worry is that I don't want to waste time with a bad one. I found my lousy interist by picking at random from the insurance list and I really don't want to make that mistake again! Thanks very much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts