Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she is 16 months and hits herself in the head. When we redirect her or she doesn't get her way she smacks herself in the head.<br>
I'm asking here so that people with kids who are older can tell me how you dealt with this when your kids were toddlers<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Reese is in that 'phase' right now too. She does it when she gets frustrated. I'll be interested to hear what some BTDT mommas have to say.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
My dd did this when she was your dd's age.<br><br>
I don't think it's a problem that requires a solution. Not too many kids grow up into adults who hit themselves in the head, and those that do obviously have other issues!<br><br>
Hang in there. She'll stop in time.

·
Registered
404 Posts
my daughter is a pretty happy even natured person, there have been many little things along the way that have made me wonder if she was one of those kids for whom AP was the difference between hell and bliss (for all of us). Everyone always comments on what a happy, agreeable, enchanting little person she is - and yet I have known for a long time and have recently had my theory born out that she is completely and utterly relentless about something she feels she NEEDS to do (usually something she needs to learn). She is the baby that DrSears describes that just gets louder and louder and more and more intensely disturbing. It doesn't happen often but when it does its FULL ON and between 16 and 18 months she started doing dog pose and and bashing her head on the floor during these episodes. Two weeks ago this happened while we were at an appointment with my homeopath (she wanted to play with my tea bag and I wouldn't let her have it because it was going to drip red stains all over the carpet). My homeopath was delighted (bless her), she knows DD very well, she was at DDs birth and we see her often but she had never seen this behaviour. Anyway she commented how wonderful it was that she had gotten to see this episode and that it was "classic tuberclulinum" behaviour. She gave me homeopathic tuberculosis for DD, which I gave her and I have since seen her a number of times reach that border between frustration and completely loosing it and usually right at the point of hitting her head its like she makes a choice to pull it back a notch instead of accelerating. Seems like it was exactly what she needed. Funnily enough my homeopath had told me when DD was only a week or two old that she would need this remedy later and we had both forgotten, the indicator when she was tiny was being very hairy - tiny downy dark hairs everywhere (like the edges of her ear lobes).

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Wow that is truly amazing. I wish I knew about that for my oldest. Our Dr told us he would out grown it, which he did, but man his little head would have been alot better off with that stuff, good to know for next time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts