Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 21 month old daughter has always had food issues/aversions, and doesn't eat well--she still can only eat soft foods with a spoon. for awhile, she was trying to feed herself, and doing quite well. usually, we both had a spoon, and we would both feed her, and that worked out well. then she all of a sudden started refusing to feed herself. she hands me the spoon and says, "mommy do." it's irritating, because i would like to be able to eat my OWN supper, and i know she's perfectly capable of it. we have tried with me just NOT doing it, telling her to do it, trying to show her how, etc, and she had the worst tantrum she's ever had, and wouldn't eat a bite. the only way i can get any food into this girl is if i feed her, but i KNOW she can do it herself!

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
My ds is much younger than your daughter, so I'm not talking from experience here, but could it be that she's asking for you to feed her b/c there's a feeling of being nurtured from being fed? Is she still nursing? If not, she might be missing that feeling. I would guess it's just a phase and would indulge her request, but again, I'm just guessing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.