Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD is going to be selling magazines for Girl Scouts. Has anybody helped their child sell something for school, and what did you do? Did you go door to door? Sell only to close friends and family? Pass it around your place of employment or worship?<br><br>
Have you ever done anything out of the ordinary to help your child sell a product for Girl Scouts, school, church, etc.?

·
Registered
166 Posts
At 7, your dd can take some of the responsibility for selling for GS. Coach her on what to say so she feels comfortable. Let her try her spiel on friendly neighbors. You should be there too. Don't let her sell door-to-door alone. Let her ask church members during coffee hour. My dad always took my cookie order form to work. Lots of people are glad to help kids when they ask, but I wouldn't ask for them. She's old enough to do the fundraising herself with your support.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
What is your goal? It's important to be clear on that before you get started. Is the goal to sell as many as possible? To instill a sense of responsibility in your daughter? To have her learn sales techniques?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts