Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know he has to do it himself, but are there any toxin cleansing juice concoctions, diet changes, eucalyptus steam (for expectorant), vitamin supplements or other eos that might help?<br><br>
He really wants to quit, has a chronic cough, has sleep trouble and is obviously feeling unhealthy all around because of it. Doesn't help that he is under a huge amount of pressure with work, but that should be alleviated soon.<br><br>
TIA!

·
Registered
454 Posts
If he wants to quit and is ready, acupuncture works really, really well. Last year I helped a 79 year old man who smoked 3 packs/day quit smoking.<br><br>
Basically, have him go in 12-24 hour smoke free so he's feeling cravings. The acupuncturist will do the treatment and he should be feeling very minimal or no cravings when he leaves. He'll need several treatments but it's a great, natural way to quit.<br><br>
I also recommend that people drink plenty of water and green tea during quitting smoking to help with the detox process.<br><br>
To find an acupuncturist near you, go to <a href="http://www.nccaom.org" target="_blank">www.nccaom.org</a> and click on "Find a Practitioner".<br><br>
Good Luck and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts