Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>It's in the single digits and with the heater on Brendan is feeling really hot he wants to only wear his underwear . He's 6 yr old and I don't think it's right for him to just wear just his underwear in single digit weather even though he's inside.  I tell him just in case if there  is a need for us to go outside in a emergency situation that I want him all covered up he goes those things won't happen .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can I keep him covered up without him feeling too hot because I have the heater on and I am still shivering. Even  Brendan is just fine sleeping with just one blanket while I have 3 on .</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
<p>I'd give up.  If he's cold, he'll put his jammies back on.  If you really insist that he must be clothed while sleeping, get the summer ones out of storage and let him wear those.</p>

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
<p>I don't think he should have to be uncomfortably hot every night just so he'll have a tiny bit more protection in the unlikely event you suddenly have to evacuate the house.  If it's single digits, a pair of pajamas won't keep him warm for long outside either.  (Or did you just bring that up as a way to convince him to wear pajamas?  If it's really just that you feel uncomfortable with him wearing only underwear, the PP's idea to let him wear summer pajamas is a good one.)</p>

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
<p>I'd let him wear what he wants.  He knows what he finds comfortable best.  If there were an emergency, you could bring a blanket off the bed with you.  He'd be cold if he had to evacuate regardless of whether he was wearing pyjamas.  And making your daily decisions based on an unlikely possibility isn't always the best way to go.</p>

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
<p>My boys often sleep in their undies and throw the blankets off. They pull them up when they get cold. </p>

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<p>Thanks ever so much.  I guess the only 'reason I want him to be covered up more is that when he is just is in his underwear he is very inappropiate acting /talking  that I want him to only do in his bedroom,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I don't want him to be too hot and he will strip down to nakedness too or cover up quickly again saying the cat was trying to get his big weiner ! He goes me and the cat are Agent Butt Cheeks</p>

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
<p>This doesn't seem to be a problem with what he is wearing as much as inappropriate behavior that you want confined to his room. Deal with the real issue with him.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts