Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i have been treating ds for a yeast rash for about a week now. I bought some generic monistat this weekend. I tried acidophilus but it wasn't working.<br><br>
Anyway, I jsut changed his diaper and he has a ton of these little red dots all over his bum and parts of the tops of his legs. At first I thought...great its his diapers again...I'm going to try switching brands anyway.<br><br>
But then I noticed they are on his tummy and on his back some. Some of the dots are under the skin but some of them are raised. He also has some blotchy spots on his tummy.<br><br>
When I first saw them I thought that maybe he had flea bites but our cats are strict indoor cats with no fleas.<br><br>
Could he have chicken pox?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I read somewhere that chickenpox blisters start on back and scalp - if you're are starting in diaper area - it's probably not chicken pox - sounds like it might warrant a call to your pediatrician though . . .

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't have a ped......

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
when my kids had cp, it started on their trunk and spread from there. At first, there were just red dots, but they progressed to filled blisters, later scabing over. At any given time, during the illness, they had pox in various stages.<br><br>
Once the breakout got underway, I could literally sit and WATCH new ones appear.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Go to <a href="http://www.google.com" target="_blank">www.google.com</a> click on image then type in chicken pox in the search area and it will pull up pictures of chicken pox. I dont remember where my 1st son got them 1st it was too long ago.<br><br>
Hth

·
Registered
726 Posts
...but I can't quite find it yet.<br><br>
First, "great it's his diapers again", can you explain, because maybe it is.<br><br>
We use, and have always used Tushies diapers in our house. There is a plastic gel that conventional diapers use that more people than just myself think could possibly migrate to the skin of babies when it is soaking wet.<br><br>
I would start there first.<br><br>
I'm not sure what a yeast rash is. Could you be more specific about the details of what took place. How have you discerned that the rash is specifically yeast.<br><br>
I have worked miracles with acidophilus; first ending the miscarriages my wife was having, then managing my son's measles with very little discomfort and barely a rash at the tender age of 18 months.<br><br>
Isn't monistat for genital yeast problems? Exactly how were you using this on your son?<br><br>
Back to acidophilus--- what brands, what specific bacterium, what type of application.<br><br>
For maximum effectiveness I culture probiotic yogurt: Jarrowdophilus and Ethical nutrients acidophilus and bifidus.<br><br>
In all about 10 different types, live in their metabolic products, hours after their birth, are consumed by my family.<br><br><br>
Ray

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I'm not sure what it is. It seems the spots he did have are almost gone...<br><br>
Monistat is what they say to use on yeast rash. Don't know why...I'm assuming because it takes care of yeast.<br><br>
He is allergic to Huggies diapers. When he wears then he gets horrid diaper rash. I'm afraid to use a store brand because I don't want the same reaction. We use Luvs or Pampers now.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you think the hives were from?<br><br>
Did the blotchy part leave and the bumps stay?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know.... he woke up in the night with a barking cough and now has a runny nose.... I wonderif that was it??

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Check out this website <a href="http://www.baby411.com" target="_blank">www.baby411.com</a> then click on bonus material and then choose rash-o-rama. It has pictures of different rashes and what they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts