Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband told me that he thinks I am unable to relax. I am a busy person and I am always on the go finding things to do. I am a new mom, I work part time, and go to school part time. I cook, clean, and manage the finances. Perhaps I need to learn how to slow down, let the dishes be dirty, floor unvaccumed, and the clothes unfolded. But when I am just sitting and these things need to be done that causes me stress.

How do I learn to let go?

I told my husband that maybe I would be able to relax more if he helped out, and he agreed. It would be great if we work more as a team. I guess I kinda resent him when he just lounges for hours while I whirl around the house getting things done, or things that I think need to be done. I feel that my constant 'on the go ness' is causing me to feel a little crazy at times.

Any advise?

· Registered
491 Posts
I agree with Lillith, what kinds of things do you enjoy doing? Reading, sewing, being outside, watching tv, exercise? Perhaps you can "force" yourself to set aside 1/2-1 hour a day to do things *you* like to do. Don't let yourself think and worry away at "what needs to be done". That stuff will get done in its own time. When you start your "me time", everything else gets put on hold (maybe this is the time DH could step in and help you do some of the things you would normally do.)

And, as Lillith suggested, yoga is awesome for relaxing.

Take care!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.