Mothering Forum banner

How do I survive, emotionally?

1K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  NatureMama3 
#1 ·
Okay so, since I have a subchorionic bleed I've been banned from sex & orgasms until the end of the pregnancy... I pretty much "need" to have sex three times a week at least when I'm pregnant and even on nights when I'm too exhausted to have sex I still appreciate some...help.
It seriously helps keep me sane and is a huge stress buster for me.

I'm a very high strung person and I've been extremely crabby this whole pregnancy. I feel like sex has been the only thing keeping me from being a total crazy woman. Now it's been taken away.

I will obviously do anything gladly for my baby & to make sure she has a nice warm home for FOUR more excruciating months. *sob*

Anybody been in my place? What exactly do you do in the place of sex? Knit?

Thanks for listening!

ETA: I am so thankful to not have to be on bed rest, I know it could be much worse.

See less See more
#4 ·
I have not idea. I have to have sex like 10 times a week when I am pregnant.
I would go bonkers without it!

Hmmm, what about a hobby like knitting?

#5 ·
Knitting's a good hobby to have.
I find it to be very relaxing.

I'm sorry, I'm no help. I had to go on pelvic rest after our late m/c scare w/DD and it was tough. I didn't know how to knit then . . . maybe if I did, it would've made it a little easier to handle.

#7 ·
Develop an obsession with a tv series available on dvd?

Sorry. There is no substitute for sex.

Maybe you can give yourself little prizes along the way- every two weeks or every month go for a massage, a pedicure, something to look forward to.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
Knitting seems over my head... once in awhile I can crochet. I *do* have hand held solitaire.

Well, I will be passing through your neck of the woods in a few weeks . . . I could stop by and teach you the basics.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetcheeks View Post
Well, I will be passing through your neck of the woods in a few weeks . . . I could stop by and teach you the basics.

Why are you coming here? Why would ANYONE come here?
JK

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by green_momma2007 View Post
Ok, now you all made me feel really bad about not wanting sex at all.
Phew, someone else like me! Sorry to hijack the thread but...I verbally paraphrased some of the responses for DH and he started to (pretend) cry! I think he wishes he was married to one of you high-libido preggo ladies, LOL!

To OP, I agree with one of the PP that maybe your body will force some relief via dreaming....so if you're feeling really antsy, take a nap...!?

#16 ·
I am a super high libido pregnant woman... but I'm also super single. Maybe you mamas who don't feel the urge could send your dh's my way. I'm always happy to help out my ddc friends... just selfless am I.
:

LMH - Sorry 'bout your luck! Maybe you can start having some fun again closer to term, when you wouldn't mind if it triggers labour?

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post
I verbally paraphrased some of the responses for DH and he started to (pretend) cry! I think he wishes he was married to one of you high-libido preggo ladies, LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thismama View Post
Maybe you mamas who don't feel the urge could send your dh's my way. I'm always happy to help out my ddc friends... just selfless am I.
:
These two comments have me cracking up! Maybe laughter is just as good as an orgasm??

Riiiiiggggghhhhhtttt
:

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post
Phew, someone else like me! Sorry to hijack the thread but...I verbally paraphrased some of the responses for DH and he started to (pretend) cry! I think he wishes he was married to one of you high-libido preggo ladies, LOL!

To OP, I agree with one of the PP that maybe your body will force some relief via dreaming....so if you're feeling really antsy, take a nap...!?
You have another boat member!! The thought of using all of that energy alone makes me tired. My poor hubby, I told him the other night to just use the internet. That didn't go over so well....lol

I don't have any suggestions for you, other than shopping, that's my euphoria

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by snazzy_mom View Post
You have another boat member!! The thought of using all of that energy alone makes me tired. My poor hubby, I told him the other night to just use the internet. That didn't go over so well....lol

I don't have any suggestions for you, other than shopping, that's my euphoria

I'll jump on that boat too. My husband will gladly give us all a giant push off shore! use the internet - teehee

lmh - I'm sorry that you got the glory of supercharged libido only to be shut down! Maybe just spend more time on MDC. I find that time seems to fly by wandering around here

Shapping and chocolate are great suggestions too!

#21 ·
Last night I was crying (about something serious and SUPER important I'm sure) and I said to DH "HOW would you feel if you couldn't have sex for four months?!" He just looked at me and said "uuuummmmmmm" and started laughing.

I guess if I can't have sex he can't have sex. Funny how that works!

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
Last night I was crying (about something serious and SUPER important I'm sure) and I said to DH "HOW would you feel if you couldn't have sex for four months?!" He just looked at me and said "uuuummmmmmm" and started laughing.

I guess if I can't have sex he can't have sex. Funny how that works!
Yeah but he can... erm... take care of himself, at least.

You can't even do THAT? I'd lose it. My condolances.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
Yeah but he can... erm... take care of himself, at least.

You can't even do THAT? I'd lose it. My condolances.
I know. It's just not fair. Maybe I will make it my new mission in life to just happen to bust in on him every time he's in the shower.

#24 ·
I'm in the same boat!!! I'm actually due in early June but was just browsing the May due date club and there you were. I also have been told no sex/orgasms, etc. for the remainder of my pregnancy. It's SO hard on both my husband and I. I want him to be happy but sometimes it's hard to give and not receive and still be left satisfied. I find relief (somewhat) in hard back massages. I actually have started to believe that there is some sort of lesson I'm supposed to be learning from this and have focused on that...fidning satisfaction elsewhere. I'm not exactly sure where or how but that's what I've come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.