Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old friend and his wife just had a new baby. In a brief email, he made a comment that led me to believe they are having some trouble with getting the baby to eat. Now I am assuming they are breastfeeding, but I don't know for sure.

But, in case they are and/or want to I want to give them the name and number of a wonderful LLL leader/lactation consultant/breastfeeding advocate in their area. How can I best word this? I know the first few days are so crucial for establishing a good breast feeding relationship and I want to help them if I can, but I don't want to overstep myself and say something I shouldn't...esp. since this is a ex boyfriend and I don't want to tick off his wife, you know?

Christa

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
You can also email him the website
http://www.kellymom.com and the LLL web address. That could be brief, you know?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Maybe just a quick "Congratulations!" email with a quick note saying something like,

"I meant to email this to you sooner, two things I wish someone had shared this with me when I had my babe - here is the number for a great LLL leader who helped us a lot when we had difficulty breastfeeding (if you guys are breastfeeding). And - don't be afraid to take people up on their offers of help while you have a newborn. Your whole world has changed and it's alright (in fact great) if you let someone else sweep the kitchen, do the dishes, pick up the mail for you
"

(Or pick something else - but if there are two bits of advice, then it won't look like it's ALL about bf, or ALL assuming that they're struggling, KWIM? Although in retrospect I suppose my second bit could sound that way - but honestly I think every family has an adjustment period where it's nice if someone else can come do the dishes
)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.