Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buy most of dc's clothes at garage sales. With most sales being spring-summer, I am trying to buy clothes to last them until next spring. Can I expect their growth to slow down, speed up? I realize it is different w/ every child, just wondering if there is a pattern to it.

They are 14 months, have been walking 1 and 3 months and are wearing 18 month shirts. I don't know what size pants they are b/c they've been wearing wool longies all winter. I would guess 24 months or 2t for pants. Their legs have slimmed down a bit but nothing crazy.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I found it got a lot harder once DS was around 1.5. I like to buy ahead too but I almost never buy pants ahead now because I have just no idea how fast he is going to go through sizes. I am lucky that we live in a warm climate so I do buy short sleeve shirts ahead and suppliment with sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
It totally depends on the child. My DD1 always grew a size a year once she reached age 2, she is 6 and wearing a size 6. Shoes, coats, clothing, etc... I always buy ahead for her and it has never failed. DD2 on the other hand, it is really hard to buy ahead for her and I can only buy a few things here and there. She is 2.5y and wearing a 3T now, I have no idea if she will be wearing 3T this fall as well, or maybe up to 4T. And forget about shoes.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
totally depends on the kid - my kiddo I can pretty much buy whatever next size up because she is a slow grower and will probably be able to wear it - most kids are not that way though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.