Mothering Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by selkat View Post
As a once teen who's parents had a surprise baby I would have to say that they might act embarassed (who wants proof that their parents really do have sex?!),
Heck, all they need to do is pinch themselves...they ARE the proof! Just like you are living proof that YOUR parents did it, and I am living proof that mine did.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
I wasn't quite a teen - but my mother sat my brother and I down, and told us that we needed to start sharing a room - hah. We were all overjoyed about the news - as my mother 'let me' name my sister (she guided, and then choose, but it gave me a sense of belonging in the whole occassion.)

My best friend was 14 when her mother found out she was having another baby. They had just moved into a new (much larger, much more expensive) house.
It was very much a 'surprise' - and Kiahs mother was over ridden with financial anxiety - she had just been promoted, and didn't want to lose her position.
Anyways - all of that anxiety rubbed off on Kiah, I remember her taking a lot of it internally and worried about her families future. They were all overjoyed after the baby arrived, but Kiah was definitely the built in babysitter.

It really stiffled a lot of her teenaged years.

Congrats on the new baby - "Honesty is always the best policy."

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.