Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>DS, 16mo, has been getting molars for almost 3 months.  I am not exaggerating- we started to see swelling 3 months ago and then an edge of the molar would poke through then hide for awhile then appear again, etc etc.  After all this time only one has succeeded in actually coming through entirely and the other 3 I can feel but they come and go.  The WORST part is our frequent-waker has turned into a never-sleeper.  He is up ALL NIGHT.  We have tried painkillers, homeopathics, teething toys/wet rags etc.  It has been weeks since he has had a decent night (as in 3-4 wakings, falls back to sleep easily)He eats solids great and naps great but I am pregnant and need sleep at night.  As in more than 1.5 hours at a time if I'm lucky.  DH and I switch off with him but man is this bad for everyone.  DS is also a terror during the day and has gotten progressively worse as the teeth progress.  It was never this bad for the incisors!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any secret molar magic out there?</p>

·
Registered
830 Posts
<p>We are also there with the crazy molars, but motrin usually works for us.  Sheesh!  I hope you can figure something out!!</p>

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
<p>Poor baby and mama.  Have you tried clove oil on the gums?  I think with molars things like motrin are really okay because the pain can be in the entire jaw, not just the gum, so that may only work so well. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does your little one like cold things like smoothies?  That might provide some relief and reduce swelling a little. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hang in there! </p>

·
Registered
71 Posts
<p>my 17 month old has been cutting a molar too. we haven't had a decent night of sleep in weeks. it doesn't seem to bother him until he is sleeping & then he ends up nursing what feels like most of the night. how many molars are there...</p>

·
Registered
116 Posts
<p>My July '09 baby is getting his molars too! I feel so bad for him.  He has had some horrible nights the last few weeks.  I had heard it can last a month, but apparently it can go longer according to you guys.  He's getting 3 of the 4 at the same time though, which is probably a good thing.  I have some Gentle Naturals teething drops that seem to help.  And he likes crackers when he's really fussy- I don't even have to buy the teething biscuits, just any crackers.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts