Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our first few successful "poopy on the potty" experiences lately and I find myself wondering how other mamas clean little potties.

We have the baby bjorn one. I've just been rinsing it out in the sink and using dishwashing liquid (and a different sponge than what I use for dishes!). Won't bacteria grow in the sponge? Maybe a rag instead? There is no visible poop in the bowl when I wipe it but it still freaks me out.

I know this is a silly question - I just wonder if this is sufficient for cleaning poop or if there are better ways to do it.

I realize I can eliminate this problem by using the seats that go on the big toilet but she is not comfortable with that yet.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I use the Mini Shower sprayer to rinse it out well over the toilet (I think my DH just adds water from the sink and then dumps in the toilet).

I also keep some disinfectant wipes (store brand Wet Wipes) on hand to wipe it down every other time or so.

If you put a little water in to cover the bottom before they use it, it dumps out easier. It is actually easier now that DS is eating solids. EBF poo is REALLY sticky and hard to clean out!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I just dumped the solids and cleaned it out. Every couple of uses I would spray disinfectant spray (or good old vinegar) and wipe out.

BTW, if you leave a little water in the bottom of the potty the whole thing will dump out MUCH easier. My potty usually didn't even look dirty after use (don't worry, I still cleaned it)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I dump then add some water and use toilet paper to wipe it out. If you put a little olive oil in it, the pooh comes off easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.