Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in trying this out, as I've seen in menioned in this forum, but couldn't find dilutions/applications. Where do you use it? Does it help in showers w/ light soap scum and mineral deposits, or bathroom odors? Does it help cut down on germs? Also, should I protect my hands?

Thanks!
Kelly

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I cleaned my bathroom with it, not sure if I'll do that all the time but I ended up filling my sink with hot water and adding a hefty shake of borax. I used that to wipe everything down: tub, sinks, counters....I only had to use something different (my Dr Bronners/baking soda scrub) for the shower.

I'm a little disheartened though because my shower door has a rubber strip at the bottom that has orange mold stuff trapped in it and I can't get that out. Hubby can't detach it for me either without ruining it probably. I tried scrubbing some GSE up under there with a toothbrush and still can't get it out. But that's another thread entirely

So, the verdict: Borax made my bathroom sparkly and shiny, and smelling fresh (except for that stinky shower strip!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.