Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2-yo DD and we are currently TTA. I have an IUD so that's not too hard.
My DH is an only child and for a long time was only interested in one child, but he now is open to two--provided the timing is right, by which I mean who knows when it will feel right to him. But he says he wants two now, so that is what I am going on.

I always thought I wanted two, then was on the fence for a while and considering just one. My doubt may have been related to my DD being high needs. But anyway, over the past 3-4 months or so, I have leaned back to wanting a second. Problem is, DH got laid off in September and is looking for a job. We also don't own a home, though we think we might be able to buy in the Spring--if he gets a job of course. I went back to work when DD was 18 months and my career situation is very postive on that front.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago. First I found out my one cousin "Lisa", who I am close with, was very unexpectedly pregnant with twins (she had said she was waiting two more years). Then two weeks later I found out my other cousin, "Melinda" is pregnant and due shortly before Lisa. Melinda and I were PG partially during the same time and her daughter is just a little younger than mine. I was actually really surprised that they started on #2 so soon-just based on some things she had said. But anyway, it's all very exciting.

To add to this, at least three other moms I became friends with via AP playgroups and LLL etc are all either PG with or just had baby #2.

So, of course, now I am having crazy baby fever like there's no tomorrow! I realize that this is just normal and it's just the whole contagious thing, but how do you deal with it? I mean, I think really do want another. And now people in my family are all asking if I am PG, if I am next, that sort of thing. And saying how it's contagious, etc. And frankly, I am very close with my cousins and I do want our kids to be close in age. I just wish things were a little more settled with DH and I financially and career-wise (on his part). I am pretty much afraid to bring up the subject with him right now. And I know I need to wait until he has a job before I try to plan anything.

Okay, so now I am rambling... Thanks for reading if you got this far!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
just wanted to give you a
and tell you that I know exactly how you feel. I would just see a woman with a new baby that I didn't even know or a pregnant lady, and it would make me want to have another! I am up to 4 children now! lol! I know sometimes the hardest thing to do is what your brain tells you you should do, and not what your heart tells you it wants. But I can tell you from experience that having a baby on the way when dh is out of a job is a pretty scary thing. At least for me it was. I have always been a sahm, and was preggo with #2 when DH lost his job. I was so nervous because there was no way I could ever go back to work and even make close to what he was making. Fortunately every thing went from bad to good to great in a lot less time then we thought, and everything turned out ok in the end. I hope you and DH can decide on something that makes you both happy and that your situation with careers gets better quickly

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
I hear ya. DH and I decided to wait until we have some debt paid off before having another. That will be at least 2 years from now. The thing is that I know pg women and it's driving my batty. Let's see there's my cousin due in March, my SIL due in Jan, a friend due in Jan, a friend due in May, two friends due in Feb, another friend due in June.
: It makes me want to be pg NOW.

DH is glad I have an IUD so that I can't simply "forget" to take a pill here and there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts