Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I keep very few items. maybe a few a year. I have a chest in the basement that I put them in. I usauly have them up on the fridge and walls until the fridge and walls get full. then pick through them very selectively. things that are special or distinct in some way get kept. most of it just goes in the recycling. and yes. I do feel bad about it. for about 3 seconds

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Most of it gets tossed. I keep one or two items per year, but that's about it. For my kids, I've noticed that the process is definitely more valuable than the product.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
My friend did that, she took a picture of her children surrounded by their art when it got to a certain point.

I have a bin for each child in the basement. The ones that are sentimental go there.

I also have a portable plastic file for each child, filled with files that are marked by year. In that goes report cards, school pictures, smaller artwork or invitations to a big event they were invited to, etc.

I agree with the PP who said the process is more of what counts.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Well, DD is very young so we don't have much yet (and I toss all the stuff that was obviously done by her day care teachers) but I plan to send stuff to grandparents, and then keep the ones that are really special to me, I will probably start a file or something.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I try to toss about once a week and keep only a few a year too, but I've heard of mamas who will lay out a bunch of the artwork on the floor or a table and take a photo of it all together. That way if look at the photo you can see several items at once without holding onto all the clutter. KWIM?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kellid View Post
A great idea I heard was to take pictures of each peice and start a (digi)folder for each child.
This is what we do...after a week or so of the artwork hanging on the fridge or being displayed we take a pic of it with the artist and toss it. We also offer artwork to grandparents when they come for a visit to decorate their work office, etc. I keep one or two really imaginative or creative projects per year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.