Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies! I'm expecting my 1st (a little girl!) in about a month now - yikes! And we plan to CD. My mom made a bunch of things and with the leftover flannel made me wipes, I have probably. . .oh more than a hundred of them, TONS! I'm wondering how to use them though. . .I have heard you can leave them dry and have a spray bottle to sprtiz them before you use them or something like that but I really was interested in having them be premoistened all the time, like disposable wipes are. I think I heard somewhere that you can put them in a wipes warmer? I've also heard of people putting paper towels in a Tupperware with liquid in it and they all get nice & evenly moist. How do you do it, what works best? Oh, and I was going to buy that diaper lotion potion concentrate to make my liquid. . .is that a wise idea?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use Bum Genius 3.0, I ordered Imse Vimse cloth wipes, 20 count and I made some of my own wipes from the flood of recieving blankets that came my way while I was pregnant. So all together I have 60 wipes. I stack them in the wipe warmer, poor a mixture made of water, a few drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial), aloe (from my yard), and vitamin E oil. When I fold the wipes I fold them in a way so they come out one after another. (Hard to describe). I wash them with my diapers. After 3 months I can say that system works well for me. Everyone finds their own mixture and what works, good luck on that.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Shoot. My ds just deleted my post before I got is sent! Ugh.

We just keep a few wet wipes in an old wipes container. My solution is just water, baby wash, and sometiems a few drops of oil (Burts bees or somethign). He doesn't seem to mind that the wipes are cold. LIke I said, I make up just a few at a time. Maybe 6-8, and keep my extra wipe solution in an old pepsi bottle.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I used to keep mine wet, but then I'd forget and they'd get moldy. So I just leave mine in a stack and get them wet as needed. I just run them under the faucet & squirt a drop of baby soap on it.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I have a dry stack and then just run to the bathroom and put warm water on them (dd has sensitive skin). I don't have any problem with doing it this way rather than keeping them moist, and she has them warm, so maybe a bit nicer?

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post
I have a dry stack and then just run to the bathroom and put warm water on them (dd has sensitive skin). I don't have any problem with doing it this way rather than keeping them moist, and she has them warm, so maybe a bit nicer?
Me too. When I tried to keep some moist, I had to do too few at a time or the'd get yucky. Plus the warmth is good this time of year.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm a fan of plain water. I keep little stacks by the changing table and will probably stick some in the bathroom. For about four months we put water in a squirt-top (not spray) bottle, but then we just stopped refilling it. It's nice to get some warm water from the tap on a cold day.

And I wish I had 100 wipes, especially now that DS is eating food more, crawling and getting into everything sticky and dirty.

Have fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.