Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a better way to have warm water for wiping...right now I go into the bathroom to refill the water container before every diaper change. This isn't a huge deal, but my mom and my MIL are each going to watch DD once a week and I'd like to make the routine as easy on them as possible. I use washcloths for wipes and toss 'em into the diaper pail along with the dipes. I thought about having an electric hot water heater in dd's room, but a)that's not safe and b) the water would be WAY too hot.

So, what do you all do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you use the wipes warmer, do you keep the wipes separate?
How often do you refill it?
How do you prevent germs from festering in the warm water?
Do you use plain water or a wipe solution?

Okay, I know that is a LOT of questions! TIA!!!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I run warm water from the bathroom sink over the washcloths, squeeze out excess water, squirt on some wipe soluition (kept in peri bottle), squeeze out excess water again and then use.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Wipes in a wipe warmer with water and a few drops of tea tree oil to keep them sanitary and inhibit any mold growth. When we wash diapers the wipes container gets washed out and any leftover wipes get washed (there usually aren't any) and refilled with clean wipes and solution.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would fill the wipes warmer with water, a little California Baby soap and a few drops of Tea Tree Oil. I just dipped my washcloths in it and got them as wet as I needed. That was easiest for me. I usually cleaned the wipes warmer out when the water got low and then just refill it with my solution. Never had any mold or bacteria problems.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I use a wipe warmer too, right on the changing table. I put water with tea tree oil and a squirt of lavender baby oil. I put maybe 3-4 wipes in, then put more in as needed throughout the day.

Sara

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.