Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the Rit liquid dyes work - we have those in Australia but the s/market usually just has one or two bottles in navy or black. I want bright sherberty colours.

Do any other dyes work? Like the ones at dharma trading? Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I have heard Kool aid works too, which means that you can use any food coloring if you add vinegar. FOE is mostly nylon, and I have Kool aid dyed nylon before.

Is the FOE for the yummy terry you described in Jenn's diaper sewing thread? That sounds so so cute, perfect for a summer stash.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Im trying to deciden whether to bind them, so they kind of look like a MEOS - that's the technique I mostly use and have gotten good at or to serge them with variegated pastel jeans stitch - which I can do but not as easily or well. I usually end up wrecking a diaper here and therel

But I'd need to get the colours exactly right kwim? It would look awful if they were too bright or too pale, which makes buying online difficult. We dont have koolaid here but have a similar product, I'll try that first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.